- A heavy security blanket thrown over any details about their Beaches Link project
- Rushing into expensive site investigation work, as if the project is a fait accompli
- Very little real public consultation of Beaches Link
- NO public consultation on alternatives to a tolled motorway serving the northern beaches
- No publication of the business case for their Beaches Link
- No financial analysis for the Opposition or general public to evaluate the Return on Investment (ROI) of Beaches Link
The decision as to whether Garigal Line is created using
1) heavy rail,
2) a Metro service, or even
3) a light rail service
is a matter for detailed transport design investigations.
The Berejiklian Govt, driven by her puppet masters at Transurban, MTR (Hong Kong), Property Council of Australia, Urban Task Force, Committee of Sydney, etc, is trying to push their Beaches Link proposal through before the NSW elections on 23-mar-2019.
Residents and voters in North Shore electorate are seeing studies from University Technology Sydney that Beaches Link will not relieve the traffic load across Spit Bridge, or along Spit and Military Roads. This route is now one of the busiest roads in Australia, with the worst congestion on the weekend – a fact I know well as a Mosman resident for 35 years.
- Let’s take a pause on Berejiklian’s single option for connecting the northern beaches to the rest of Sydney with new public infrastructure
- Let’s have public discussion about the alternatives for public transport infrastructure serving the Northern Beach
- And let’s challenge sitting Liberal MPs Tony Abbott and Jason Falinski why they are such strong supporters of a sub-optimal, expensive proposal like the Beaches Link.